Monday, February 16, 2009

Any wish

Any wish that stems from the ego is a wish for nothing,and to ask for it is not a request.It is merely a denial in the form of a request.

Any wish? Let me see how I can see this. If I ask for something, clearly that implies that I think I don’t have it. Now, if the Truth is Oneness, if the Truth is that ‘everything I see is the Self’ (Upanishad) than it is impossible for me not to have something. So when I ask for something I must first have denied the Truth of my Oneness. Having denied my True Identity, and substituted the shabby ego ‘personality’ I so deeply treasure, I now have to ask for literally everything or fight for it, or take it from someone else….. not so pretty now, is it? Meister Eckhart says so lovingly: “The prayer of the heart asks for nothing”. Love to One and all, Diederik

No comments:

Post a Comment