Thursday, February 12, 2009

What is your intention?

Even your greatest enemy has more points of harmony than of disharmony. And so, as you are wanting to interact with a being that you are not getting along with, with a being that rings your warning bells continually, if you will intend to see that which you approve of, if you intend to see that which you like, then you will literally begin to solicit from that being, those things.

Are you understanding that in every relationship you have -- whenever you are having unpleasant experiences, you are attracting the unpleasant experience because that is where you are giving your attention?

Abraham Hicks


I have been reading a book lately by Abraham Hicks that addresses the power of intention, and I've had a lot of fun playing with the ideas. Following one of the book's suggestions, I have been setting an intention for each hour of my day, and I've been enjoying the results very much.

When I set the intention to experience the love that I am in each moment, I find myself reacting to people and situations in a gentle, accepting way. I am freed to look at events from a more creative perspective, and many new ideas come into my mind. I enjoy the flow of every moment.

When my intention is to move forward from a state of love, I am automatically releasing myself from any belief I might have in the power of fear, depression, anger or sadness. I find that by setting my intention hourly, I can easily re-set my course if I have drifted off purpose.

Your friend with a big intention and a happy heart,

Love,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment