Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holotropic breathing

Once a week we do a group breathing exercise at the Choose Again Center in Costa Rica called Holotropic breathing. Over the years participants have reported a variety of results from the absolute sublime to a neutral: “What was that all about……..?“. A couple of days ago I had the pleasure of facilitating a private breathing with a young man of 16 years old. This young man is having all kinds of troubles at school, at home and in all aspects of his relationships. He is angry, feels hopeless and believes nothing will ever work out for him. I chose to do a private breathing as he slept through his first group breathing experience without any noticeable results. After breathing for ten minutes he sat up and said: “Why am I doing this?“ I explained that it was impossible to predict what might happen and to just have an open mind. He continued for another 30 minutes and stated he had enough. I selected a different CD, Deva Premal, and played the first cut, asking him to breathe again. After that cut he sat up and said: “That was incredible, I could see all kinds of things, but I don’t know what they mean, could we play that same number again?“ When the first cut had finished he sat up and said: “Anything is possible!. I have the potential to be and do anything!“ This from a boy who had until that moment felt hopeless, angry and disassociated with everyone and everything around him. Anything is possible when I remove all the barriers to Love I have erected! Love to One and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment