Monday, December 15, 2008

The Victim

At Choose Again we teach that nothing from outside of our minds can have any real effect on how we feel. Nothing outside my mind can hurt me or bring me joy and peace. This is a stretch for everyone, from total beginner to seasoned spiritual traveler. The Victim in me starts to scream, objecting loudly. The Victimizer in me has that evil little grin on his face .... the Victimizer in me sees this as a free pass. The Victimizer in me, however, doesn't grasp that I am always attacking myself. I am the Victim of my Victimizer, we are one and the same.

If I am willing to consider that I choose my experience then why would I not choose a happy one? Then I send forgiveness to both the Victim and the Victimizer, love them equally and smile. Love to One and all, Diederik

No comments:

Post a Comment