Friday, January 9, 2009

Feeling free!

In reality you are perfectly unaffected by all expressions of lack of love. These can be from yourself and others, from yourself to others, or from others to you. Peace is an attribute in you. You cannot find it outside.

I read this passage today, and was thinking about a friend of mine who recently dealt with something I asked him to do in a way that my ego considered a betrayal of our friendship, and a breech of trust. I was experiencing a sense of loss and sadness, and wanted another way to look at the whole situation.

As I reflected on how I was feeling, I realized that the feelings were generated because I have beliefs that I can be hurt and I can be betrayed, and those beliefs were triggered by my friend's actions. I reminded myself that the truth of who I am cannot be affected by anything outside of me, and that I have a bottomless well of love inside of me, to draw on and to share.

What first appeared to be an action based on a lack of love by another was actually an opportunity for me to look past the mistaken beliefs I held about myself, and to affirm the truth of who I am. In doing this, I also affirmed the truth of who he is, which can only be love, and was able to respond to his cry for love by extending love to him.

I'm happy to be reminded that my peace and my joyous sense of aliveness do not depend on what others do or don't do around me!

Wishing you a day filled with freedom.

Love,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment