Saturday, January 3, 2009

Remembering who you are

I was reflecting today on how it can seem very difficult to remember the truth of who I am, but how quickly it becomes second nature as I work with healing mistaken beliefs I have about myself. Most of us live from a false identity (the ego) composed of all kinds of mistaken beliefs about who we are. When clients come down to work with us, it is usually because living out their beliefs has created so much pain that they are unable to continue going on as they are. A few beliefs that almost everyone seems to harbor and create evidence for in their lives are: I am unlovable, I am guilty, I am worthless and I don't belong. These beliefs are created at a very young age from a mistaken interpretation of the events around us. As long as beliefs are hidden from conscious awareness, I have no choice but to live out the programming that I have created for myself, and am unable to create meaningful change in my life. In fact, living from this position, I experience myself as being a victim of the world, and seem to be at the mercy of people, events and circumstances around me.

As people begin to become aware of their beliefs, and actively work to correct them, they become more and more aware of their innocence, of the peace and joy that is their natural state, and of the deepest truth that we all share: I am only love, and anything else that I experience comes from a belief I made up, which is simply an error that can be corrected.

Through consistent identification and correction of beliefs, I have seen time and time again people re-create their lives from the inside out. They move out of a life based on anger, fear, depression and despair and move into a life of harmony, peace and deep love and acceptance for self and others. With this work comes a deep confidence in the natural ability we all share to be at peace in any situation, and also the knowledge that any time I allow my old beliefs pull me off track I can quickly use the tools I have to return to my naturally harmonious state.

Wishing you a joy filled day of remembering who you are.

Love,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment